COVID-19 NOTICE: In response to the novel coronavirus, our Youth Employment Program has transitioned from an in person program to a virtual program. You can reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 267-414-4123.
The summer B.I.T.S (Building Information Technology Skills) program provides paid summer job opportunities and support to youth ages 14-18 through the WorkReady Philadelphia program. The virtual program will run from July through mid-August and offer a unique opportunity for urban minority youth to acquire new digital literacy skills in the 21st century. Participants will gain experiences in designing, developing and incubating civic start-ups to transform urban challenges into sustainable products and services. The BITS program is supported by The Office of the Vice President for Research.
HOW TO APPLY
The 2020 application for the Summer Youth Employment program is now open.
- To access the online application, visit: phila.workready.org.
- To be connected to Temple Univ. BITS summer program, use the referral codes: S162 or S172
CODE: S162 – SERVICE LEARNING
CODE: S172 - INTERNSHIP
After completing the online application, make sure that you have access to the necessary documents to provide. you will need to complete a paper enrollment packet once our office re-opens. Please refer to the list below the for the documents you will need to prepare.
• State/student ID or report card
• Signed social security card
• Birth certificate
• Blue work permit card (if under 18 years old)
- The School District of Philadelphia will loan a Chromebook to every District K-12 student who needs one for learing at home. For more information on the Chromebook Loaner Program, CLICK HERE
- Comcast is currently providing a 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month, to low- income families who live in a Comcast service area. To sign-up for Internet Essentials. HERE
You can reach us via email at email@example.com or by phone at 267-414-4123.