Key Guidelines & Resources
Key Guidelines & Resources
The Pre Award Management team covers basic information and guidelines related to searching for, applying for and implementing external fund projects. This guidance is not exhaustive, please contact and meet with Pre Award Management team. Review the Office of the Vice President for Research website and overall University policies for further information.
Access frequently requested information here.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principal Investigator Eligibility: The policy of Temple University is that only full-time faculty members and designated administrative research positions may routinely serve as Principal Investigators on sponsored programs. Exceptions to this policy are available per this administrative regulation; requests for an exception may be made using the Temporary Principal Investigator Status Request linked below.
- Principal Investigator Eligibility Policy Form (link)
- Request for Principal Investigator Status Form (link)
Internal Guidelines & Regulations
OVPR provides funding through recognizing outstanding and distinguished research and creative activity; supporting department recruitment efforts; accelerating research in centers, institutes, and museums; and offering competitive opportunities to receive funding for high-impact projects.
- Best practices when working with the Pre Award Management team (download)
- Subrecipient Monitoring - Standard Operating Procedure (download)
- Subcontract Risk Assessment Tool (download)
External Guidelines & Regulations
OMB Uniform Guidance for Grants
Working cooperatively with the grantmaking agencies and the grantee community, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) leads the development of government wide policy to assure that grants are managed properly and that federal dollars are spent in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Although there are six OMB grant circulars, working at Temple University, you are only covered by three of them: Check the OMB Website for policy information or instructions issued by OMB, and links to the following circulars.
- OMB Circular A-21: This Circular establishes principles for determining costs applicable to grants, contracts, and other agreements with educational institutions. The principles deal with the subject of cost determination, and make no attempt to identify the circumstances or dictate the extent of agency and institutional participation in the financing of a particular project. Read more
OMB Circular A-110: This Circular sets forth standards for obtaining consistency and uniformity among federal agencies in the administration of grants to and agreements with institutions of higher education, hospitals and other non-profit organizations. Read more
OMB Circular A-133: This Circular is issued pursuant to the Single Audit Act of 1984, and the Single Audit Act Amendments of 1996. It sets forth standards for obtaining consistency and uniformity among federal agencies for the audit of States, local governments, and non-profit organizations expending federal awards. Read more
NSF Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG)
NIH Central Resource for Grants and Funding Information (Application Guide)
Tax Exemption Letter (download)