- NIH ~ Office of Science Policy: Recombinant DNA and Gene Transfer - Division of NIH providing information about NIH Guidelines, IBC roles & responsibilities, and the Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee (RAC).
- Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL): CDC/NIH web site provides information on the appropriate practices & equipment used to work safely in a Biosafety Levels 1-4 laboratory.
- List of Select Agents: Selection, Installation & Use of Biological Safety Cabinets should be linked to: (List of Select Agents)
- American Biological Safety Association ABSA RISK GROUP DATABASE: International risk group classifications for bacteria, viruses, fungi, & parasites. Aids in risk assessment and biosafety level determination in laboratory settings.
- United States Department of Health and Human Services